FPIN Due Date Extension Policy
To ensure that the publication process goes smoothly for all contributors, FPIN manages due dates rigorously. Corresponding Authors are responsible for submitting their manuscript by the assigned due date. Manuscripts that are not submitted by the assigned due date, and have not had an extension granted through the EMS will be withdrawn. If you miss your deadline (whether it be for your initial submission or a revision), will be given two complimentary reminder before it is withdrawn from the system. Once it is withdrawn, you will receive a notification email.
Each author team will be allowed ONE three-week "no questions asked" extension during the writing process. If an extension is needed the request must be submitted before the original due date.
To do this, you will need to:
- Login into the EMS and locate the submission for which you need to submit an extension
- Click ‘Action Links’ and select ‘Send E-mail’
From the drop down menu, select ‘Author Requests Deadline Extension’ and click ‘Customize Letter’
- Enter the reason for your extension in the letter body and click ‘Preview and Send’
Subsequent extensions are only granted with approval from the Executive Director.
Two important things to know about requesting due dates extensions:
1. If you request a due date extension, your manuscript will lose its place in the editor queue (essentially – your manuscript will be going to the back of the line). Therefore, the editorial process will be longer than normal.
2. If you are approved for more than one extension, it is likely that you will be asked to conduct a second literature search before your HDA is approved for publication to ensure that there is no new evidence.
Our ultimate goal is to support our members. Therefore, we will remain as flexible as possible so long as you can stay in communication with us. If there is anything that we can do to help to provide you with better service, please do not hesitate to reach out to us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 573-256-2066.
Note: FPIN is not responsible for the delivery of emails from our EMS system as some programs have security blocks for certain types of communication from these types of systems. Therefore, we recommend that you regularly check the EMS for updates regarding your current HDA manuscripts.