As part of our initiative to help approved CI authors submit question proposals, we will be sharing all current and active questions that various authors are working on at the different CI sites across the country.
Click HERE to access an archive our past CI questions.
Here is the list of active CI questions:
NC – Mountain AHEC Asheville FPRP (Founding)
- In patients with osteoarthritis, which oral non-opioid agents are most effective at reducing pain?
- How commonly does long-term PPI therapy cause clinically significant hypomagnesium (hypomagnesia)?
OK - Tulsa Medical Education Foundation Program
- What is the role of aspirin in colon cancer risk prevention?
CO – U of Colorado FMR Denver (Founding)
- Is bridging coumadin before screening colonoscopy in patients with atrial fibrillation beneficial for reducing the risk of stroke?
- Is bridging coumadin in patients with sub-theraputic INRs who have chronic atrial fibrillation and an elevated CHADS score beneficial for reducing the risk of stroke?
- How much is the risk of stroke increased in chronic atrial fibrillation and a abnormal CHADs score on coumadin with subtherapeutic INRs?
- What are the risks of harm associated with long term use of proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) to control symptoms of gastrointestinal esophageal reflux disease (GERD) in patients over the age of 65 years?
- Does diabetic education by a diabetic educator improve diabetes control in patients with type 2 diabetes?
- Are prophylactic antibiotics effective in reducing COPD exacerbations in patients with COPD?
WA – Valley Medical Center FMRP (Founding)
- Is intra-articular platelet-rich plasma (PRP) an effective treatment for osteoarthritis of the knee
- Does statin therapy alter the risk or progression of dementia?
- What are effective medical therapies for gastroparesis?
- What is the best anticoagulant treatment for venous thromboembolic (VTE) disease in patients with cancer?
- Does amniotomy shorten spontaneous labor or improve birth outcomes?
- How effective are ACE inhibitors and ARBs for the prevention of migraines?
TN – U of Tennessee Chattanooga Unit FPR
- Is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy effective in the treatment of adult insomnia disorder?
WI – U of Wisconsin – Madison FMR (Founding)
- What are the risks and benefits of steroids for women with later preterm labor (34weeks0days through 36 weeks6 days)?
PA – Lehigh Valley Hospital FMR
- In adults with atrial fibrillation, does the Watchman device decrease rates of stroke as compared to oral anticoagulation?
- Do cinnamon supplements improve glycemic control in adults with type 2 diabetes?
- Does administration of levothyroxine in the evening vs. morning reduce effectiveness of lowering TSH levels?
IL – UIC Illinois Masonic FPR
- What is the most effective medical treatment for metrorrhagia?
- Is IV magnesium sulfate effective for asthma exacerbations?
- Should advanced age ever be a contraindication for anticoagulation in Atrial Fibrillation?
NC - Camp Lejeune FMR
- How does lowering HgbA1C to less than 7.0 affect long-term cardiovascular risk in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus?
NC – U of North Carolina FPRP (Founding)
- Does the use of topical cervical anesthesia In women undergoing IUD placement decrease pain?
OR – Cascades East (Founding)
- Does withholding an ace-inhibitor before surgery improve post-procedure morbidity and mortality?
- In patients who use combined hormonal methods for contraception, does receiving a year's supply reduce unintended pregnancy?